Wednesday 29 February 2012

Wedding hair trial.

I have really quite short hair. It's incredibly fine but I have LOTS of it. It's more the length that would/wll cause me problems, though. At the start of planning the wedding, I knew immediately that I didn't want to fork out £100 (minimum) on a trial and then hair on the day. As our budget is just over £2k, that's too big of a portion to throw away. I knew I wanted height, though.

Here are some styles I looked at:







I emailed a couple of hair dressers with photos of me and my hair and asked if my hair was long enough for a style like these, especially the last one. I was told that my hair probably was long enough and that I'd just need to tease it a lot. Now when I was younger, I was quite madly in love with HUGE, messy crazy hair that required excessive teasing. I tried in vain for years as my hair just does not respond to that well. Plus, I'm not a huge fan of teasing... it can't be that great for your hair, surely? So after searching around for a bit, I came across a product called Hair Boostias. I was a bit dubious at first but I ordered a black set anyway to try them out... what's the worst that can happen, right?

They're basically little bits you stick in your hair and then drape your hair over it for as much or as little volume as you like.

Well, they arrived and I had a little play and I am in LOVE with them. They're so great! They come in a few different sized and for the amount of volume I wanted, the largest size was perfect. I had a little go with it and my hair was just to short to reach over right to the back. My hair grows incredibly irritatingly and the hair on top is a lot shorter than the rest! By the time the wedding rolls round, it'd be long enough to go right down but then I was left with just a little stub of a ponytail behind it that I could do literally nothing with. So my mum picked me up a set of cheap £5 hair extensions that come in 4 different widths wefts. In this trial, I placed the boostias where I wanted it on my head and then placed the smallest weft of hair right in front of that "backwards". So rather than the hair falling down the back of my head, it fell down the front. The boostias itself sits on top of the clips and hides them. Because the boostias is quite far back, I had enough hair at the front of the weft to clip that over and cover it. The extra length in the ponytail from the extensions was the perfect amount for me to create a flat, pinned up back but I'm not sure that's what I want. I'll give it a go another day with the wider width wefts so I have more hair to play with and see what I can do. So here it is! I put this up in about 5 minutes so it could look quite a lot neater but it was just to get the general idea!




I love the plaited headband! I'm really happy with how it turned out and how it looks, I'll just take my time next time to get it neater/sleeker. Although I am kinda digging the slightly disheveled look to it! So yes, this style is a definitely maybe! I'm still on the hunt but I do love this.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...