Monday 27 February 2012

My bouquet.

My bouquet has been a bit of an ongoing battle so far. But here we are with the reduced budget and plans for a pinwheel bouquet that I'd make myself.

Then I went google image searching during an extreme case of boredom and fell in love with button bouquets all over again. Oh dear! But I think I've come up with a pretty good compromise; a pinwheel and button bouquet. It'll be mostly buttons with a few pinwheels dotted around. Red and blue buttons, some topped with novelty types. It'll be interesting, that's for sure! And I'd also decided to scale it down than what I'd originally wanted.

Anyway, my mum was heading out to Fort Kinnaird and invited me and Colin along. Of course, we couldn't pass hobbycraft without going in.

We came out with an oasis bouquet holder, lace trim, floral wire, some small artificial flowers to provide different texture, card stock and glue. We didn't have to pay a penny; she's far too good to us. Now all that's left is to order some buttons which she's coming round to do tomorrow. I've spent tonight picking out the ones I want.

As for the bridesmaids bouquets, I think I'm going to get them the same bouquet holder but without the lace trim and use florists wire for putting the pom poms on. God knows when we'll get an opening in the budget for that, though!

I'm off to look at more button and pinwheel bouquets and read more tutorials.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...