Thursday 1 March 2012

More wedding DIY.

Well, I couldn't sleep last night so I decided I was going to finish up the felt flowers for the bouquet. And I did! Well, I finished the felt at least. Once I'd done that, I constructed something of a similar size to the bouquet size I want and pinned the flowers to get it gauge to how many more I'd need and about just under the same amount again will do it! So another trip to hobbycraft will be needed soon for another sheet of each colour. I think I'll get 2 of each just in case ;)

The centres of the flowers aren't as neat as they could be but what does it matter? The buttons will cover them anyway!

More buttons arrived this morning, too! The toadstool ones this time.

So whilst I'm waiting to get more felt, and the rest of the buttons and new bouquet holder, I decided to crack on with something else. This morning, I made the first of 2 pinwheels. We'll have one for Colin, one for his best man, one for my male bridesmaid and one for my brother (he's walking me down the aisle). Then I'll make a mini one for my mini ring bearer! Colin will be in the one combination and the rest of them will be in the other. He can't decide which one he prefers!


And one to show for size!

I love them! I'm not sure where I'm going to store them though. Perhaps we have a small box lying around somewhere? I just moved all bouquet related things into a box that's just the right size but I think I'm going to have to find a smaller one to fit inside that to hold the bouquet pinwheels; they're not faring too well just now!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...