Thursday 1 March 2012

Buttonholes, table names and menus.

I finally put the boys' buttonholes together this afternoon!  I made 2 of the different combinations and let Colin pick which one he wanted. The other boys will be in the other one except the wee ringbearer; he'll be in the same as Colin.

This is the one Colin picked.

And this is the one the other boys, minus the ring bearer, will be in. Only him, his best man, my brother (who's walking me down the aisle), my male bridesmaid and my nephew, the ringbear will be wearing them.


And a photo on me to show the size!

Next, I designed the menus. These'll be printed on cardstock and placed where the plates will go on the tables as we don't want the plates out until dinner is served! I designed the first two and a lady on the Quirky British Brides facebook group I started up suggested a change. That's the 3rd one. We're going to go for that, but with a red-dominant one too so we can still alternate.



Then I moved on to the table names! We got these frames from Ikea. They're doubled sided and cost just 49p each in the sale so these will have set us back just £3.92! These are the backs of them. The front will have a really simple design in our colours (red and blue if you hadn't guessed!) with a frame for the table name itself. We're naming our tables after The Smith's songs.


That's it for today. Some good progress is being made but I'd definitely still rather be working on my bouquet! I'm hoping to get out to hobbycraft withing the next few days for more felt. Saturday was looking good until I realised it's my birthday! I have a bridal fair, tattoo time and a meal taking up the entire day so no time for shopping.

I think the bridesmaids bouquet bits will arrive tomorrow. Well, the key component to making it at least! So I'll have that to do tomorrow. I'll need to look at the to do list I wrote up to see if there's anything else that can be done now!

Maybe I'll spend tomorrow looking at more hair options? Or maybe I'll do that tonight. I want to design the invites, too. Well... I already have but I'm really not sure about them anymore so I'll see what I can get together as a comparison.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...