Friday 9 March 2012

The rings, the veil and leg wear!

Okay, we'll start off with the veil! I knew I wanted a birdcage veil. Right from the start, I just knew. Then the hunt started and I could not find a single thing I liked. I didn't want just the netted material clipped into my hair; I wanted something "wow". Something big, something statement-y, something a bit fun and different. I wanted BOWS! But could I find it? Of course I couldn't. Eventually I found a really, really nice headband I loved with a subtle little bow that I could then attach the veil material too. Did you notice I said "subtle bow"? Yeah, it was small. It wasn't what I wanted but it was as close to it as I could find. Then I found RedBirdMakes on etsy. My veil was ordered and it was made and delivered to me in about 2 weeks, maybe less. It arrived a day or 2 ago and I'm incredibly happy! It's a BIG red bow!


I absolutely love it!

But now onto leg wear... having inkless legs (other than my thigh) is something that doesn't sit well with me at all. I haven't worn dresses, skirts or shorts in a long time because it got me down too much so I decided to think a bit about tights. Here are a couple I've tried so far and love!

These are the winners I think.


Those are my wedding shoes, by the way! My dress will sit between my knee and mid-calf so a decent amount of leg will be showing. I'm hoping to have work done on my legs before the wedding but, if not, I have the above 2 to fall back on!

And now.. the rings! What a journey. They were ordered on February 20th from America. 18 (if my maths are correct!) days ago. Which is nothing really, considering they're coming from way over there! But I had tracking with them. That is where the problems lay! I placed the order in February and they were marked as being handed in on the 21st February.

On the 21st February, they had an arrival scan at Bethpage, New York. Later on that same day, they had a departure scan from Bethpage, New York.

On the 22nd February, they had an arrival scan at Springfield, MA. That's approx. 155 miles from where they started.

On the 23rd February, they had a departure scan from Springfield. I heard nothing for a further 7 days.

On March 2nd, they'd had an arrival scan in Jamaica, New York. That's 148 miles from Springfield but just 21 miles from where they originally started off!

The tracking page tells me my rings are still sitting in Jamaica, New York. But alas, they're here and that's all that matters! I'm so, so incredibly happy with them. For under £65 for the both of them, I'm absolutely amazed. They're stunning.


I'm over the moon.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...